Enketo Smart Paper is running! Please access Enketo forms from your Form and Data Server installation.
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
This project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
[1.84.1] - 2020-01-31
- No longer trigger an inputupdate event when loading an existing itemset value.
[1.84.0] - 2020-01-28
- Building IE11 bundle automatically (now requires manual
- Added warning for IE11 users that support is dropping soon.
- /api/v2/survey/preview/iframe did not return a
- Exception occurs when first repeat is created that contains a calculation if
validateContinuously is set to
- Rows are not always stretching correctly when printing Grid Theme forms.
[1.83.5] - 2020-01-22
- Text-print widget is also instantiated for comment widgets, causing an issue for a customized Enketo Express application.
- If repeats are removed in pages mode, the pages get messed up.
- If repeats are added in pages mode during form load (default instances or loading existing record with multiple instances), the Next/Back buttons are not updated when they should be.
[1.83.4] - 2020-01-21
- Forms in pages mode sometimes do not show correct first page upon load (regression since 1.83.0).
- Forms in pages mode with groups or repeats without field-list appearance show empty pages (regression since 1.83.0).
[1.83.3] - 2020-01-20
- Radiobutton questions inside repeats allow multiple selections (regression since 1.83.0).
- Comment questions in a form in Pages mode without field-list appearances, add an empty page.
[1.83.2] - 2020-01-10
- Made PDF timeout configurable.
- Error code returned by PDF endpoint is always 500 even when a more specific helpful code is available.
- Overflowing content in text form controls is not shown on printout. WARNING: you may have to enable the new 'text-print' widget in config.json if you are overwriting the default widgets config.
- Annotation and draw widget on mobile devices slightly decrease image size every time a switch between fullscreen (draw) view and full form view.
- Annotation widget on mobile devices reveals keyboard when the colorpicker is clicked.
[1.83.1] - 2020-01-06
- Updated Spanish and French translations.
- Annotate widget broken when uploading new image.
[1.83.0] - 2020-01-03
- Support for setvalue with odk-new-repeat and odk-instance-first-load events.
- Forms with a
odk:generated-by attribute on the primary instance child, will always have absolute repeat node references evaluated correctly (e.g. for forms generated by pyxform 1.0.0 onwards).
[1.82.0] - 2019-12-18
- Support for default drawings in all 3 drawing widgets.
- Some PDF viewers do not show radiobuttons with an opacity (e.g. a disabled radio button).
- MS Edge does not show any checkmarks in printouts of radiobuttons and checkboxes.
[1.81.3] - 2010-11-22
- Updated Czech translation.
- PDF does not show background colours.
current() without a path, and
current()/path/to/node without a step down do not work.
- Datetime picker does not load a midnight datetime value.
- Analog scale layout messed up in printout.
[1.81.2] - 2019-11-04
- Updated Slovak translation.
- If a predicate consists of parts that contain multiple
current() calls, the expression is not evaluated correctly (noticeable inside repeats for multiple-choice questions with complex choice filters).
[1.81.1] - 2019-10-23
- New mobile datetimepicker not activated properly.
[1.81.0] - 2019-10-23
- Improve Docker configuration: use Node.js base image and v3 Compose file.
- Updated Russian translation.
- Now using native datetime picker on mobile browsers.
- Option labels break in middle of word instead of a space.
- Readonly native date/time/datetime picker in iOS is fully functional when it should not be (re-introduced bug in iOS13).
- Exception in geo widget (though may not have had negative consequences).
[1.80.0] - 2019-10-04
- Updated German, Spanish and Dutch translations.
- ToC now matches ODK Collect and shows all questions hierarchically.
- time/datetime with time between 12:00 and 13:00 not set to PM.
- time picker in datetime shows empty value if the default value of datetime is at midnight.
- AM/PM notation broken in time/datetime picker for non-english languages.
- Readonly instance views are unnecessarily locked when called in quick succession.
[1.79.0] - 2019-09-12
- Support for "picker" appearance on range question.
- Albanian language translation.
- Updated Russian translation.
- XPath functions
decimal-date-time() now use maximum precision instead of rounding to 3 decimals.
- Datepicker widget causes infinite loops with certain custom extensions that update values programmatically.
- Analog scale widget layout messed up in Grid Theme on IE11.
[1.78.0] - 2019-08-20
- Make record cache expiry time configurable.
- Support for max-pixel attribute for image uploads.
- Updated Swedish, Dutch and German translations.
- Show warning if select_multiple option contains spaces in value.
- Guidance hints are now displayed on screen as collapsible element.
- Likert widget label in Grid Theme overlaps widget in print view.
[1.77.1] - 2019-07-12
- Improvements to print style (group header size, opacity of disabled questions, line-height in Grid Theme)
- Improved print style of select minimal widget.
- Disabled analog-scale widget is still visible.
- Long words break out of cell in Grid Theme.
- Workaround for an iOS browser bug where a readonly date input is actually fully functional. WARNING: you may have to add a widget to config.json to activate, see default-config.json change
[1.77.0] - 2019-05-21
- Support for appearances "quick" and "quickcompact".
- Support for appearances "columns", "columns-pack", "columns-n" all with an optional "no-buttons" modifier, WARNING: you may need to change widgets configuration in config.json
"compact" -> "select-media" and
"horizontal-choices" -> "columns").
- Analog scale widget without current value box, still firing excessive change events.
- Distress widget mercury is not reset properly.
[1.76.3] - 2019-05-09
- Some forms with repeats fail to load in Safari.
- Iframe-friendly views only print first page.
- Draw widgets loose drawing (or last stroke(s) in drawing) on mobile devices if clicking hide-full-screen button or switching device orientation within 1.5 sec after last change.
- Datepickers in Grid Theme in Firefox show the reset button outside the cell.
- Range, Analog Scale, Datetime, and Time widgets fire an unnecessary change event when a new value is set that is equal to the existing value.
- Range widget fires an unnecessary change event when the value is empty, before the value is set, when the user clicks the widget.
[1.76.2] - 2019-04-24
- Failing to clone repeats that only contain calculations.
- Select one calculations not updating correctly.
- Irrelevant calculations inside non-first repeat instances run upon load.
- Date strings without timezone component are not always converted correctly in time zones that have DST.
- Hand-typed/pasted dates with spaces or invalid characters are kept shown to user, but are not stored in model.
[1.76.1] - 2019-04-01
- The restriction on crossing paths in the geoshape widget was removed.
- Hide reset button when question is readonly.
- Radiobutton unselect functionality can cause infinite loops with certain custom extensions that update values programmatically.
- Readonly Draw/Signature widget updates with empty file when canvas looses focus.
- Readonly Select Minimal widget is not readonly.
- Readonly File widget becomes writeable if it becomes relevant.
[1.76.0] - 2019-03-19
- A configurable option to provide a maximum character length of a text field (default: 2000 characters). Warning: if overriding widgets in config.json, this widget needs to be explicitly enabled.
- Updated Russian, Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch translations
- The output in an itemset option label is not populated upon load.
[1.75.3] - 2019-02-27
- Submissions cause an exception in online-only view.
[1.75.2] - 2019-02-26
- Partial rewrite of events.
- Improved accuracy of progress tracker.
- Various issues when serving forms in a iframe on iOS devices.
- On touchscreen devices, the draw widget download functionality does not work, and clicking the Draw button empties the canvas.
- XForms using geopoint, geotrace, geoshape, time, date, datetime, select minimal, rank, autocomplete calculations without form control (advanced) fail to load.
- Some widgets (such as all geo widgets) do not update view if a calculation changes the underlying value.
[1.75.1] - 2019-02-21
- Calculations using advanced count(/path/to/repeat/node1[text()="something"]) aren't recalculated when a node1 changes.
- Exception occurs when appearance 'horizontal' is added to group (which has no support for this appearance).
- If the window in an online-only multi-page form is resized, while a drawing is on a currently-not-shown page, the submission results in an empty drawing.
[1.75.0] - 2019-02-18
- Updated German translation.
- Readonly draw widgets no longer show drawings on grey background in Grid Theme, nor apply an opaqueness filter.
- Repeat deletion with "-" button now requires confirmation.
- Loading image from record may show error even if it was loaded successfully.
- Generic file upload not working (cannot set property 'src' of null).
[1.74.4] - 2019-02-07
- IE11 fails to load.
- New repeats are always shown in default language.
- Relative repeat-counts not working.
[1.74.3] - 2019-01-10
- Loading a form with a readonly file input throws an exception.
- Times and datetimes with meridian notation are set to empty in the model for times between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM, and between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM.
[1.74.2] - 2019-01-07
- Fewer model updates during drawing using draw/signature/annotate widgets (performance).
- Loading error in Pages mode when a page has no label.
- Itemsets not populating if inside an irrelevant group upon load.
- Download link not working for Draw/Signature/Annotate widgets.
- Broken autocomplete widget in Safari and all iOS browsers.
- Slider in vertical range widget not aligned properly in Grid Theme.
[1.74.1] - 2018-12-25
- Likert item option labels with unequal number of lines not lined up correctly in Grid Theme.
- Minification breaks most widgets on Safari and iOS browsers.
[1.74.0] - 2018-12-17
- Updated Spanish translation
- Updated to new widget format. WARNING: custom widgets need to be converted to new format!
- Do not include time component for today().
- API has 100kb body content limit causing issues when editing large instances.
- Date calculations (e.g. today()) for number type questions do not return a number.
- RTL detection not working for Sorani (ckb) and Kurdish (ku) and other languages.
[1.73.0] - 2018-11-13
- Updated Swedish translation.
- Default values not loaded in non-first repeat instances. Also causes other repeat problems.
- Table widget option hover background is not centered around radiobutton/checkbox.
[1.72.3] - 2018-10-31
- Updated Russian, Spanish, Czech and Dutch translations.
- Autocomplete widget not updating when form language is changed.
[1.72.2] - 2018-10-19
- If grid form starts with a disabled question, the first question has no top border.
- If first page in form is irrelevant upon load, it is still shown (in grayscale).
- Minimal select picker (pulldown) not updating model (regression in 4.60.3).
[1.72.1] - 2018-10-16
- IE11 broken (polyfills not found - 404)
- Loading records not working in IE11. All node values are emptied when a record is supplied.
- In FF when a radiobutton or checkbox is clicked directly in a pulldown select, the URL fragment identifier is updated (and page scrolls to the top).
- Timepicker localized AM/PM strings not detected properly in Firefox and Safari.
- Timepicker meridian field not wide enough for Chinese AM/PM.
- Timepicker meridian detection not working in IE11.
- IE11 polyfill for .after not working on comment nodes.
[1.72.0] - 2018-10-04
- Support for local encryption: https://blog.enketo.org/encryption/
[1.71.1] - 2018-09-24
- Made export feature consistent across browsers.
- Cascading selections with radiobuttons/checkboxes do not show image labels.
- Loading error when record with repeat calculation was loaded and validateContinuously was set to
[1.71.0] - 2018-09-11
- Performance of form engine (determining index).
- Clean up translation and JS built files and separate better from source files.
- Print hints are now guidance hints, and follow ODK XForms specification
- Range pickers not showing current value "thumb" on printouts.
- Distresspicker thumb not centered on Chrome and Safari.
jr:choice-name() function not working with autocomplete questions.
[1.70.3] - 2018-08-28
- Improved performance of modern browser (at the expense of Internet Explorer 11 performance) by not loading polyfills unnecessarily.
- Loaded year and month-year values not displayed correctly in date (desktop) widget.
- Calculation results inside repeats are shown incorrectly to user under certain conditions.
- When a repeat is removed, calculations inside sibling repeats (e.g. using
position(..)) are not always re-calculated.
[1.70.2] - 2018-08-23
- In readonly views input fields are now shown if empty.
- If form in Pages Mode has a repeat as the first page (with field-list), a blank first page is shown.
[1.70.1] - 2018-08-15
- Modal with lots of text not aligned nicely on small phone screens.
- Appearance "placement-map" not showing map in geowidgets.
[1.70.0] - 2018-08-13
- Enable/disable meridian in timepicker and datetimepicker based upon detected locale preferences.
- Table of Contents to Pages mode that enables jumping to any page.
- Questions with calculations do not re-validate immediately when the value is re-calculated (with
- Labels with words longer the form width, overlap with other form elements.
- Readonly questions in newly cloned repeats in Grid Theme do not get the proper readonly styling.
- Whitespace only input triggers a
valuechange.enketo event but should not.
[1.69.2] - 2018-08-02
- Updated German and Slovak translations.
- Docker installations fail because the
Dockerfile specifies NodeJS 6.
- Download links in file input and draw widgets not working in IE11.
- The required asterisks (*) do not update in real-time if
validateContinously is set to
- If a required text input field has a non-whitespace value that is replaced by the user to a whitespace-only value the new whitespace-only value is saved and considered valid.
[1.69.1] - 2018-07-25
- In Grid Theme readonly questions with value now have the same whole-cell background color as readonly questions without a value.
- Form previews using the
form query parameter with a URL value that contains ":" in the path, get stuck in an infinite loop (!).
- If an loading error occurs when the form is reset, no message is output to the user.
- After the first record is created, external data does not get populated for subsequent records.
- Failing to load external data into an offline-capable webform.
[1.69.0] - 2018-07-19
- Support for 'no-ticks' appearance in range widget.
- Range widget in FF, the ticks partially disappear when the widget has a value.
- Randomize() doesn't work for itemsets that use itext() labels (in enketo-transformer).
- An architectural issue with modal dialogs.
[1.68.0] - 2018-07-11
- api/v2/version endpoint to obtain current Enketo Express version.
- Russian translation.
- Updated Dutch translation.
- The form width in IE11 is sometimes too small.
- Exceptions thrown with complex jr:choice-name() usage.
- Various Geo Widget styling issues with buttons, mobile (fullscreen) and RTL scripts.
[1.67.1] - 2018-06-27
- Updated Lao and Spanish translations.
- In a form containing a group with a single child repeat (and no other repeat sibling questions), fails to load a record where that group is empty. When creating the first repeat after load an exception occurs.
- Output inside a group that is irrelevant upon loading does not get evaluated when the group becomes relevant.
- Autocomplete question inside a non-first repeat shows list from first repeat.
- Dates are now considered local to fix constraints such as ". < today()"
[1.67.0] - 2018-06-18
- Ranking widget. Warning: You may need to update your config.json to activate.
- URL widget. Warning: You may need to update your config.json to activate.
- Range widget loading error if relevant is used.
- When unfolding collapsed groups, the draw widgets are not functional until the window is resized.
- Various styling degradations of geo widgets.
- Dynamic defaults do not work with encoded square brackets.
[1.66.3] - 2018-06-11
- Show latest commit as version on front page.
- Readonly text inputs with a default value are hidden.
- Certain XPath function calls without parameters cause an infinite loop.
[1.66.2] - 2018-06-06
- Likert widget not instantiating (regression in 1.66.0)
- The print dialog for Grid forms does not show radiobuttons in IE11.
- The button text of offline-capable form sometimes gets stuck on 'Save as Draft' when it should be 'Submit'.
- Full previews (with Enketo ID) do not show correct maximum submission size in file upload questions.
- Previews without Enketo ID do not show correct maximum submission size in file upload questions. Note: make sure that a
HEAD request to the form URL responds with the correct
- Coordinates around the international dateline (longitude < -180 degrees) are considered invalid in geo widgets. Sorry, data collectors in Taveuni!
[1.66.1] - 2018-06-04
- Range widget turns geo coordinate inputs into range inputs.
[1.66.0] - 2018-06-04
- Support for
<sub> (superscript and subscript).
- Support for range widget (basic). Warning: You may need to update your config.json to activate.
- Performance-optimized itemsets. Cutting-edge browsers can now deal well with 16,500 item documents.
- Performance-optimized the loading of external data.
[1.65.5] - 2018-05-24
- Improved accessibility of buttons and links.
- Styling interference occurs when an appearance is added to a question type that doesn't support it.
[1.65.4] - 2018-05-18
- Button text for alert modals to "OK".
- Improved loading performance.
- Thanks and logout page too dark (regression in 1.65.2).
- The form language selector is disabled in readonly views.
- If app disables offline functionality, a previously cached app continues to work.
[1.65.3] - 2018-05-15
- Login screen won't allow entering credentials (regression in 1.65.2).
[1.65.2] - 2018-05-14
- Appearance "horizontal" enlarges the last option if the remainder of the options modulo 3 is 1.
- If all repeats containing a question that has skip logic are removed, an exception occurs when obtaining the model as string without irrelevant nodes.
[1.65.1] - 2018-05-02
- Hide disabled reset button in draw widget.
- Comment icon overlaps long label in simple select/select1 questions.
- Pasted incorrect date value converts to today's date.
- When a record is loaded with an empty value for a node that has a default value in the XForm, all secondary instance values are emptied.
[1.65.0] - 2018-04-25
- In Safari, readonly checkboxes and radiobuttons can still be manipulated and WILL modify the record, even if the UI doesn't update.
decimal-date-time() not spec-compliant at all.
- Filepicker and drawing widgets have functional reset button when they are readonly.
[1.64.0] - 2018-04-22
randomize() support to shuffle nodesets (no support for itemsets with itext labels).
- Increased linespacing for labels of "select" questions.
- GoTo functionality no longer working (regression in 1.62.1)
- Modal dialogs called from widget (e.g. file input reset) no longer working.
max() ignore non-last arguments/nodes with value 0.
- Goto functionality throws exception if target is a comment question that is not inside a group and the form is in Pages Mode.
[1.63.0] - 2018-04-14
- Updated Spanish, German, Slovak, and Dutch translations.
- Styling of + button to create a new repeated section.
- Enketo ID generation is now creating a random string, and longer IDs.
- Add-repeat (+) button not aligned properly in Grid theme when no repeats exist.
- Manual date input without hyphen (i.e. large number) is converted to non-sensible date.
[1.62.1] - 2018-04-06
- Download filename may change in filepicker/draw widget if a record with media files is loaded, if the file is not served with the correct name.
- Print button not revealed (regression in 1.62.0).
- Images in Grid theme print/PDF view overflow into neighboring cells.
[1.62.0] - 2018-04-03
- Ability to directly obtain PDF of empty form or form with a record. See apidocs.enketo.org (3 new endpoints).
- Annotate widget will now no longer allow drawing until an image has been uploaded.
- Print view of Grid Theme form in Pages mode doesn't properly stretch cells in the current page.
- Markdown headers in Grid Theme are overlapping in print view.
- Print view of Grid Theme doesn't correct width of last question in form.
- If the form starts with a lengthy group, the print view shows only the form title on the first page.
- Loading drawings from existing records, results in blank canvas after window resizing.
- The image map widget shows 'SVG not found error' in Firefox sometimes, and if so, it fails to scale the image.
[1.61.5] - 2018-03-21
- In Markdown, make a distinction between paragraphs (2+ subsequent new lines) and simple new lines.
- Positioning of comment widget icon next to question label.
- Center media inside labels.
- Repeats with images become exponentially slower to load for each new repeat that is added.
- In offline-capable views, the Image Map widget inside a repeat shows 'SVG image cannot be loaded' message when all is okay.
- In Markdown, newline characters are not converted if they follow a heading.
[1.61.4] - 2018-03-09
- When radiobutton or checkbox is cleared programmatically the
data-checked attribute is not updated.
- Filenames of signature, annotation and drawing inputs are set to undefined-xx.png.
[1.61.3] - 2018-03-05
- If existing drawing/signature/annotion is loaded from a http URL (editing submitted record), an exception occurs.
- Submissions not being made in offline-capable webform views.
[1.61.2] - 2018-03-02
- File upload "no preview for this file type" message.
- Cursor in Grid theme set to text for no seemingly good reason.
- Markdown headers not limited from h1-h6 as they should be (in Enketo Transformer)
[1.61.1] - 2018-02-27
- Chrome bug workaround base64-conversion of blobs has been removed, so blobs are stored as blobs in Chrome now.
- Show separate custom reset messages for drawing, signature and annotation widgets.
- Print, Back and First button icons not visible in IE11.
- Date format shown to user in readonly field is different from non-readonly field.
- Autocomplete widget does not accept options that have multiple subsequent spaces in their label.
- Draw widget draw color gets reset to the default color after undo-ing strokes.
[1.61.0] - 2018-02-21
- Download functionality to draw widgets.
- Support for "new", "new-front", "new-rear" on media inputs.
- Feature to undo drawing strokes in draw and annotate widgets.
- Show helpful error message if SVG image cannot be found with Image Map widget.
- Native month-year datepicker used on mobile devices when available.
- In annotate widget loaded file disappears when screen is resized.
- Annotate widget not working on touchscreen devices.
- Annotate widget stretches uploaded image.
- Downloaded drawings have a different filename from the one stored in the record.
- Imagemap widget does not work for a group
- Imagemap scaling issue when width and height defined in SVG file have units (pt).
[1.60.0] - 2018-02-14
- File pickers can now (only) be reset by a new reset button.
- Download functionality to file pickers.
- Full support for annotate widget.
- Repeats without form controls now no longer take up any visual space in the form.
- Show upload placeholder with max file size.
- Error messages in geopicker are now translatable.
- Draw/signature widget requires confirmation before reset.
- Geo widget and file widget now use consistent (app) modal dialogs instead of inconsistent native dialogs.
- Instances with special characters in instance id attributes cannot to be queried.
- Namespaces not resolved for secondary instances.
- Slowdown with repeat-count that was introduced in 1.58.0.
- Printing: geo widget with appearance "maps" does not show coordinate fields.
- Printing: Analog scale widget with Grid theme in pages mode is messed up.
[1.59.0] - 2018-01-30
- External authentication with token.
- Server-side form caching mechanism was re-written to support dynamic manifest URLs. WARNING: test this release extra thoroughly wrt form updates
- Configuration for authentication has changed, see documentation. WARNING: update your config.json (even though old configuration should still work for now).
- Date strings returned by XPath evaluator for question with type 'date' are not considered valid dates and set to ''.
- When redirecting to an external login URL, the return URL is not encoded.
- Instance('id' )/path/to/node does not work if 'id' is surrounded by whitespace.
- Markdown headers preceded by whitespace fail to render as header and whitespace trimming is too aggresive.
- Datepicker with "month-year" and "year" appearance shows full value.
[1.58.0] - 2018-01-19
- Option to turn off page-swipe support.
- Support for escaping # characters in markdown.
- Restored pulldown select button height to normal.
- Reduced margins around markdown headers.
- Markdown headers now work at the start of any line, even if not followed by a newline.
- An output inside a group label that is the parent of a repeat with 0 instances, causes a loading exception.
- Readonly question does not show constraint message.
- A top-level group with a relevant that refers to a node inside a repeat may not get re-evaluated when the node changes and multiple repeats exist.
- Notifications/news in form previews are shown on printouts.
- Markdown headers in the middle of a string are not always ignored.
[1.57.0] - 2018-01-08
- Support for escaping * and _ characters in markdown.
- Invalid dates (and datetimes) such as 2018-12-35 are no longer automically converted to a valid date. They convert to empty now.
- Proper IANA language tag inclusion in XForm does not prevent/override (weak) directionality detection.
- Printing: datetime picker inputs print below each other in Chrome.
- Safari invalidates any valid date (and datetime) with segments < 10, e.g. 2018-01-06.
[1.56.1] - 2018-01-01
- Repeat with field-list and parent group with field-list does not show "+" button and both groups fail to collapse.
- Dialogs no longer shown to user (serious regression in 1.55.10).
[1.56.0] - 2017-12-29
- The "query parameter to add to submission" (in config.json) is now also added to all /formList requests.
- Added workarounds for IE11 to match regular checkbox and radiobutton styling.
- Modest performance improvement with large repeat counts.
- Collapse icon overlaps border on small screens.
- Black background shown behind radiobuttons and checkboxes on iOS browsers.
- RTL scripts do not have centered checkboxes/radiobuttons in tables.
- If preload item is placed inside a repeat with a repeat-count of 0, an exception occurs.
- RTL scripts with Grid Theme have mislocated repeat numbers and repeat removal button.
[1.55.10] - 2017-12-25
- Image scaling by Image Map widget is more sensitive to screen size to avoid scrolling.
- The advertised required transformer version fails to build on Windows 10.
- In Signature/Draw widget a line can be detected as a page-swipe in Pages mode.
- If Signature/Draw widget has loaded an existing value and is not on the first page, the drawing won't be shown until clicked.
- If SVG image in Image Map widget contains inline
style attribute with fill and stroke the 'selected' state is not shown.
[1.55.9] - 2017-12-22
- Error messages in filepicker are now translatable.
- Firefox checkboxes now styled properly.
- jr:choicename() is causing an exception when wrapped inside other functions.
- Workaround for an XLSForm limitation by moving "no-collapse" appearance of repeat to its parent group.
[1.55.8] - 2017-12-19
- When clicking the label of an upload question, the filepicker will no longer launch.
- Datepicker not available on iOS browsers (again, sorry).
[1.55.7] - 2017-12-12
- Offline loading fails if language code in
Accept-Language header contains a dialect such as
[1.55.6] - 2017-12-11
- Printing: When swapping to Grid Theme via API or app 'default theme' setting, the proper print dialog is not shown.
- Printing: Non-relevant non-select fields are not greyed out.
- Printing: Geo widget without "maps" appearance is shown on screen but not on printout.
- Printing: Geo widget map/zoom selector buttons are shown on printouts.
- Printing: Various Analog Scale widget styling issues.
- Grid Theme: A table-list/list-no-label question does not have a bottom border.
- Grid Theme: Top of page sometimes does not have a border.
- jr:choice-name() function can not handle syntax with more complex XPaths.
- Nodenames with dots cause an exception during extraction of a serialized model without irrelevant nodes.
[1.55.5] - 2017-11-29
- When a repeat is removed any logic that depends on repeat position changes is not updated when it should be.
- Printing: only first page printed in Firefox.
- Printing: group collapse carets shown.
- Printing: number input up/down buttons shown in Firefox.
- Repeat with relevants and parent group without
ref attribute is not revealed when relevant becomes true.
- In pages mode, text and number inputs can no longer get focus.
- Printing: select-one does not show all options in long lists.
- Printing: styling improvements for draw/distress/likert widgets.
[1.55.4] - 2017-11-24
- Visually separate repeat instances in Grid Theme.
- A new repeat with a date field that is not relevant by default does not get the date widget on non-touchscreen devices.
- Draw/signature widget not working in pages mode sometimes, if it is not on the first page.
[1.55.3] - 2017-11-13
- Styling of repeat + button in Grid Theme.
- Error message when form cannot be found in /formList.
- A calculated item (without form control) and with a relevant inside a repeat throws an exception when there are 0 repeats and the relevant is evaluated.
- Exception occurs in error page generation when page cannot be found.
- Various issues with repeat + button in Pages Mode when repeat=page.
- Excessive change events fired by datepicker, timepicker, and datetimepicker when reset button is clicked when value is empty.
[1.55.2] - 2017-11-02
- Updated Swedish, Slovak, Czech, German and Dutch translations.
- Safari/iOS browsers fail to load Swedish (and others probably) UI language.
[1.55.1] - 2017-10-27
- Track fragment identifier (#abcd) if Google Analytics is enabled, and no longer track querystrings.
- If repeat = page in Pages mode, the second+ repeat is not shown.
[1.55.0] - 2017-10-19
- Time format according to ODK XForms Specification (10:12 -> 10:12.00.000-06:00). WARNING: Make sure your backend is ready for this.
[1.54.0] - 2017-10-16
- Make all label groups collapsible.
- Let appearance "compact" on a group collapse this group by default.
- Make first repeat removable with button if repeat-count is not used.
- Let appearance "minimal" on a repeat prevent automatic creation of the first repeat instance.
- Data type conversion issues for integers and dates.
[1.53.1] - 2017-10-09
- Max() and min() fail if nodeset is empty (0 repeats).
- If first page is not relevant it is still displayed upon load.
- Datepicker not available on iOS browsers.
- In nested repeats a user-entered repeat count is always taken from the first repeat if current repeat instances in the series are zero.
[1.53.0] - 2017-10-03
- Ability to add custom widgets or remove default widgets in config.json. Have an issue? Check whether your config.json contains an old "widgets" property. If so, you'll probably want to just remove it.
- With validateContinuously=true, a new repeat instance is immediately validated.
- Pesky "error" message that sourcemap for bootstrap-datepicker.css is not found (when dev tools are open in browser).
- Incorrect Content-type of error responses.
[1.52.0] - 2017-09-26
- Ability to overwrite translations (in forks).
- Readonly fields with calculation are not cleared in model when they become irrelevant if clearIrrelevantImmediately is set to
- Calculated items without form control were calculated even if they were inside an irrelevant group.
- Radiobuttons inside a repeat are sometimes incorrectly removed from the submission.
[1.51.1] - 2017-09-13
- Form loading error with new decimal input mask (on Safari at least).
[1.51.0] - 2017-09-06
- Support for appearance="numbers" on text inputs on mobile devices.
- Fixed input masks for integer and decimal inputs.
- Make goto-target-not-found error translatable.
[1.50.2] - 2017-08-17
- In some situations, nested repeat nodes that are relevant are removed from the record string as if they were irrelevant.
- In tables, the heading row (appearance=label) can be misaligned with the lower rows.
- Cloned select minimal question with relevant inside repeat is hidden when loading record with multiple repeats.
- Draw/signature widget is instantiated for file input types other than "image".
- Draw/signature widget is never enabled if it has a relevant expression.
- File inputs do not always clear properly when they become irrelevant.
[1.50.1] - 2017-08-10
- Manual date edits do not get propagated to model if Enter key is not pressed.
- Edit and readonly views do not translate default error messages for "constraint" and "required" logic.
- When loading record with repeats, any select/select1 questions (without appearance "minimal") in non-first repeats are not initialized properly.
- Comment icon and required asterisk overlapping with each other and with label in Grid theme.
- Timepicker styling issues in Grid theme.
[1.50.0] - 2017-08-03
- HTML title element not populated with form title in readonly views.
[1.49.0] - 2017-07-25
- Touchscreen detection to change widgets and appearance has been tweaked and is now only considering iOS and Android browsers.
- Hide irrelevant questions from printout if a record is loaded for editing.
- A readonly select minimal (desktop) widget becomes editable when it has a "relevant" expression that evaluates to true.
[1.48.3] - 2017-07-10
- Offline-capable views fail to update and load media. WARNING: recommend immediate update if currently on 1.48.0 or higher
[1.48.2] - 2017-07-07
- Emergency temporary workaround for checked state of checkbox in Firefox.
- Error message when removing irrelevant nodes because the node cannot be found.
- Readonly select minimal widget is not properly readonly in special readonly views on touchscreens.
[1.48.1] - 2017-07-03
- Readonly select minimal widget is not properly readonly on touchscreens.
[1.48.0] - 2017-06-26
- "no-text-transform" style to be used with Grid Theme to prevent uppercasing labels.
- Readonly views for empty forms and submitted records. See new /survey/view and /instance/view API endpoints.
- Edit views not redirecting upon submission.
- API /instance/* endpoints required return_url parameter when it should be optional.
[1.47.3] - 2017-06-20
- Updated datepicker module.
- Media files in a repeat group not displayed in repeat clones in offline-capable forms.
- Duplicate logic evaluation when a repeat is added.
[1.47.2] - 2017-06-19
- Allow parens in server URL.
- Reduced swipe sensitivity to avoid accidental "click-swiping" with a mouse.
- Page swipe bypasses block-page-navigation-on-new-constraint-error feature.
- If form in Pages mode has only one page, this page is not shown.
- Datetime and date widgets do not update with calculated date when they are not readonly.
[1.47.1] - 2017-06-09
- Add loadError if "go to" field cannot be found.
- Localize %a and $b in format-date() to form locale at time of calculation.
- Frozen UI if "go to" field is a comment field whose linked question is hidden.
[1.47.0] - 2017-05-25
- Ability to jump to a specific question upon load in previews and edit views.
- Updated Swedish translations.
- Timepicker and Datetimepicker issues around empty and default values.
- When loading a record with nested repeats the second+ series gets inserted out-of-order in the model.
- When loading a record with nested repeats and additional nested groups, the nested repeats are not cloned in the view.
[1.46.1] - 2017-05-18
- Branches and Outputs not initialized when repeat is cloned.
[1.46.0] - 2017-05-17
- Itemsets inside a repeat with a choice_filter (predicate) dependency outside the repeat are not initialized when repeat is cloned.
[1.45.2] - 2017-05-09
- Support for appearance 'hide-input' in ArcGIS geo widget.
- Exception occurs when obtaining cleaned-of-irrelevants model string if repeat has a relevant and a repeat-count of 0.
- Performance of forms with repeats (issue with dataupdate event data).
[1.45.1] - 2017-05-01
- ArcGIS API for JS updated to 4.3 in ArcGIS geo widget.
- Updated Czech, German, Slovak and Dutch translations.
- IE11 exception upon loading forms with repeat templates.
- Progress bar seems incorrect because comment questions are not excluded from progress calculation.
[1.45.0] - 2017-04-27
- "validated.enketo" event.
- Subtle "required" text on focus.
- Swedish translations.
- Ends-with() and abs() XPath support.
- Textareas (multiline widget) will autogrow now.
- If validatePage is set to
false, block page navigation for some milliseconds if required to ensure that user sees new error message.
- Always lock scrolling of ArcGIS geo widget until user clicks the map (previously only on touchscreens).
- XPath int() conversion incorrect for negative values.
- A repeat with a relevant and a repeat-count of 0, throws exception.
- Selectpicker (non-touch) does not show checked status if radiobuttons/checkboxes themselves are clicked.
[1.44.0] - 2017-04-20
- Ability to customize pretty much everything in Enketo Core (not endorsing doing this though).
[1.43.1] - 2017-04-14
- Repeats no longer shown on separate page in pages mode when they have field-list appearance.
- Loading values into first radiobutton or first checkbox fails to update UI.
[1.43.0] - 2017-04-13
- Questions or groups that are irrelevant will no longer be included in submission. WARNING
- Redirect upon submission only enabled for single submission views. Other views will ignore returnUrl parameter.
- Hide required “*” when dynamic required expression evaluating to false at the time the input field is validated.
- Updated Slovak and Czech translations.
- First repeat in a series has become removable when repeat-count variable is zero.
[1.42.2] - 2017-03-30
- CSV conversion fails for some CSV files due to inability to detect delimiting character.
- Client-side login fails if Enketo is running with basePath set
- In pages mode, if page (group) is relevant but only includes irrelevant questions, it is displayed as an empty page.
- Inputupdate.enketo event fires even if value hasn't changed.
[1.42.1] - 2017-03-22
- Label of readonly question with a calculate expression is styled as regular question.
- Input field of readonly question with a calculate expression is now always visible to user.
- ArcGIS geopicker fails to initialize inside a repeat.
- Value not cleared from widget UI when it becomes irrelevant and clearIrrelevantImmediately is set to
- Autocomplete widget causes exception when branch is hidden or revealed (due to relevant expression).
[1.42.0] - 2017-03-20
- Ability to pass attachments to instance to be edited. See doc.
- Ability to pro-actively flush a survey cache. See doc.
- Safari and iOS browser support for autocomplete widget.
- Ability to disable page validation (default is unchanged).
- Use systemd instead of upstart for redis in Vagrant setup.
- Reduced vertical whitespace between label and radiobuttons/checkboxes.
- Vagrant installation issues with redis.
- Exception occurs when forms contains no textarea (multiline text widget).
- Repeat count updates in pages mode causes unhelpful page flipping behaviour if the repeat has field-list appearance.
- Negative decimal numbers not converted correctly to integers.
[1.41.1] - 2017-03-14
- Cookies not passed for some communication that uses 'external authentication'.
- Styling issues with readonly questions.
- Grid theme does not print complete textarea if text requires scrolling.
[1.41.0] - 2017-03-09
- Ability to add custom data to dataupdate event.
- Ability to pass session properties (metadata) when instantiating form.
- Exp10() and log() functions.
- Updated Spanish translation.
- XPath number results not converted to date and datetime when stored.
[1.40.0] - 2017-03-02
- Autocomplete widget for all browsers except: Safari and all browsers on iOS.
- Support for truly dynamic repeat count (jr:count attribute).
- Select desktop picker options cannot be selected by pressing spacebar.
- Accessibility issue with file input picker (tab traversal, focus).
[1.39.1] - 2017-02-23
- jr:choice-name() inside a repeat produces incorrect results.
- Media labels in itemsets are not shown.
[1.39.0] - 2017-02-20
- CSV conversion for language columns.
- Loading error dialog not rendering support email address correctly.
- Button backgrounds not displaying in Firefox.
- Incomplete type conversion of int, decimal, time, date and datetime.
- Calculation with relevant on readonly field inside repeat not evaluated when it should be.
[1.38.0] - 2017-02-10
- An optional "validate continuously" mode.
- Send validated.enketo and invalidated.enketo events with extensible/custom data.
[1.37.1] - 2017-02-03
- FF on Android: Simpler Add to Homescreen guidance.
- FF on Android: Add to Homescreen button not clickable.
- Incorrect position of queue icon during loading when offline-capable icon is not yet visible.
- Accessiblity issues with radiobuttons, checkboxes, likert, compact.
[1.37.0] - 2017-01-25
- npm 2.x support WARNING: check your npm version. It should be 3.x or 4.x
- Client settings do not pick up query parameters with value
- Pencil icon span escaped in side bar.
- Click on form header brand without link still changes URL hash.
[1.36.5] - 2017-01-18
- Valuechange.enketo event now fires after validation and passes validation result.
- fixed: Horizontal analog scale label and slider overlap on small screens.
- translations were loaded 3 times affecting performance
[1.36.4] - 2017-01-06
- Updated Czech, Slovak, German and Swahili translations.
- Moved down 'Powered by' footer on large screens.
- Branding logo in form header is stretched sometimes.
- Subtle "required" message remains visible for empty questions with dynamic required expressions that evaluate to false().
- When question has a comment widget and is in an invalid state, this state is not removed when the comment value changes and makes the question valid.
[1.36.3] - 2016-12-22
- Excessive submission logging.
- When a question becomes irrelevant, its value is cleared immediately, but should be kept until submission.
[1.36.2] - 2016-12-14
- Comment widget in pages mode without field-list has hidden comment field and shows empty page.
- HTML not rendered in modal dialog.
- Repeat position injection gets confused if repeat has sibling with nodename that is equal to start of repeat nodename.
[1.36.1] - 2016-12-08
- Label of comment widget not shown when used with an analog-scale question.
- Entire label of complex (geo, analog scale) widget triggers comment button click.
- Comment icon not displayed inline after non-block label of analog-scale widget.
- Esri/ArcGIS geopicker does not re-instantiate in a cloned repeat.
- API endpoint /survey/all returns 4 incorrect URLs for single submission webforms.
[1.36.0] - 2016-12-02
- ArcGIS widget: multiple basemaps with toggle button.
- Support for preload attributes on nodes that have a form control.
- Updated Persian, Finnish and Dutch translations.
- Readonly styling of: likert widget, compact picker, dates, datetimes, and others.
- User is able to manipulate readonly widgets: distresspicker, analog-scale-picker, select-desktop-picker, filepickers, geopicker.
- Calculations do not update: analog-scale-picker, distresspicker, mobile regular select, mobile multiselect picker preview, timepicker, geopicker, esri-geopicker.
- XPath calculation returing a datetime string for an XML node with type time is not converted, resulting in an invalid time.
- Geo widget on touchscreens does not hide Google Maps layer when exiting map view
[1.35.3] - 2016-11-08
- Offline icon position slightly off.
[1.35.2] - 2016-11-04
- Updated Czech, Slovak, German and Dutch translations.
- Min() and max() evaluation causes infinite loop when used with multiple node-set arguments.
[1.35.1] - 2016-10-31
- Repeat names with dots do not create multiple repeats upon loading and do not default values except for the first repeat.
- Public form.validate() function is skipping constraint validation if xml type is string, binary, select or select1.
[1.35.0] - 2016-10-27
- Comment widget enabled by default.
- Allow form to load if external data fails to dowload (but still show strong warning).
- XML entities in CSV document are not encoded.
- Empty string literals ('""') are evaluated to 'undefined'.
- MS Edge does not properly clone repeats.
- "Different Encoding" error if instance encoding is specified, even if it's compatible.
[1.34.5] - 2016-10-20
- If OpenRosa server takes more than 2 minutes to respond to /submission, records stay stuck in browser queue despite being received.
- Too much whitespace in form header on small iOS 9 devices in Pages mode.
[1.34.4] - 2016-10-18
- If repeat has no template, duplicate and conflicting ordinal attributes are added.
- Loading a record with namespaced attributes utterly fails in IE11.
- When record contains text nodes as siblings of repeats, new repeats are not added in correct position.
[1.34.3] - 2016-10-17
- If logo source in config.json is "", remove all branding space in Pages mode on small screens.
[1.34.2] - 2016-10-13
- Even less whitespace in form header and footer, especially in pages mode.
- When branch is disabled an exception 'Cannot read property "readonly"' occurs.
[1.34.1] - 2016-10-11
- Documentation on the "comment feature".
- Tightened up form header and form footer with less whitespace especially in pages mode.
- XPath functions containing "" or '' and refer to absolute paths sometimes produce incorrect result.
[1.34.0] - 2016-09-19
[1.33.2] - 2016-09-16
- Documentation on ordinals.
- IE11 adds rogue namespaces to ordinal attributes.
[1.33.1] - 2016-09-14
- Updated Persian translation
- Webform previews have incorrect (non-existing) JS bundle reference.
[1.33.0] - 2016-09-07
- Optional ability to add repeat ordinal attributes to model in enketo namespace.
- Improved extensibility.
- Validation logic refactored and behaviour for required field validation sligthly changed. If a required has a value and is then emptied, the background will turn red.
- Updated German, Czech, Dutch and Slovak translations.
- Fragile namespace handling in model.
[1.32.4] - 2016-08-15
- Compact appearances hide text label even if media label is absent.
- A potential scenario where the server cache gets never updated.
[1.32.3] - 2016-07-29
- Offline-capable webforms not working when offline.
[1.32.2] - 2016-07-27
- Slow performance of pulldata for huge files.
[1.32.1] - 2016-07-21
- Updated German, Slovak and Czech translations.
- String values are trimmed before added to model.
- Comment widget scrolling and button hover behavior.
[1.32.0] - 2016-07-15
- Ability to add additional translation strings in port of EE.
- Updated Lao translation.
- Show "*" for all questions with a "required" expression.
- Switched to enketo namespace for "for" attribute.
- Npm 3 sass build error.
- Integer and decimal type values convert 'NaN' to '' (reverted ODK Aggregate bug workaround).
[1.31.0] - 2016-06-29
- Invalid XForms without /meta/instanceID will now be "fixed" by Enketo (temporarily).
- Ability to configure via environment variables instead of config.json.
- Documentation for deployment with Heroku
- Attempt to persist redis in Enketo app itself - WARNING: persistence is now 100% arranged in your redis configuration!
[1.30.1] - 2016-06-10
- External data not working in IE11.
- XForm without instanceID does not show load error.
[1.30.0] - 2016-06-08
- Support for user-specific dynamic external data documents.
- Widgets now have access to model's evaluate function.
- Updated Persian, Dutch and Czech translations.
- When requesting /formList, add formID query parameter (for performance).
- Comment widget now shown below linked question.
- Comment widget automatically focuses on comment input.
[1.29.4] - 2016-05-26
- Comment widget styling improvements.
- Readonly select widgets are not disabled.
- Repeat buttons overlapping borders in Grid theme.
- IE11 Record loading "Interface not supported" error.
- IE11 Namespace errors when non-native XPath evaluator is used for namespaced nodes.
[1.29.3] - 2016-05-17
- Extremely slow loading when XForm model contains many nodes.
[1.29.2] - 2016-05-14
- Comment widget styling improvements.
- Not showing when comment question is in invalid state.
- Duplicate Enketo Ids are issued. WARNING: This is a critical fix. Recommended to deploy immediately!
- Unfixable state of surveys with duplicate Enketo Id. (Tool added to fix) **
[1.29.1] - 2016-05-11
- Styling of notes (readonly questions).
- Offline-capable URLs now use "x" instead of "_". Old URLs are still working. WARNING: APIs return different offline-capable URLs.
- Home page layout.
- String literals not excluded from /model/instance injection.
- Samsung S7 sms app rewrites "_" in http://enke.to/_/#abcd URL.
- Styling issues with # markup in labels, especially in Grid theme.
[1.29.0] - 2016-05-05
- Proper namespace support.
- Comment widget.
[1.28.0] - 2016-04-27
- If a submission returns a response with a generic 400 statusCode, output any well-formed OpenRosa response message to the user.
- Updated Persian and Spanish translations.
[1.27.1] - 2016-04-21
- Update check for forms requiring authentication fails in offline-capable webforms.
- Number inputs in Grid Theme not printing.
- Value of distress widget not easily visible when printing.
- Select element on mobile not showing first value in virgin state (e.g. when creating a repeat).
[1.27.0] - 2016-04-15
- Lao translation.
- Ability to use piwik for analytics.
- Updated Slovak, German, Dutch translations.
- Offline capability now enabled by default. WARNING: to disable offline-capability, make sure to override this in your config.json!
- HTML title not populating when the form title contains numbers or special characters.
- Markdown formatting of outputs is not working.
[1.26.3] - 2016-04-01
- Select minimal widget is now scrollable and won't stretch form.
- Itemset update not retaining existing values when appropriate.
[1.26.2] - 2016-03-29
- Wider select minimal widget in all themes. Full 100% of cell in Grid theme.
- Always show value in select minimal widget when only a single value is selected.
- Switched back to transparent icon for browser tabs.
- Values in cloned repeat without jr:template are not emptied.
- Radio buttons and checkboxes not properly aligned vertically.
- Select minimal widget not aligned properly in RTL language.
[1.26.1] - 2016-03-24
- Updated Slovak translation.
- Show version on home page.
- If maxSubmissionSize request fails (e.g. unsupported on server) or the maxSubmissionSize value is updated, the form media resources are cleared.
- If /instance API endpoint is called for a survey that has never been launched the response URL contains a ::null enketo ID.
[1.26.0] - 2016-03-23
- Chinese translation.
- Limited IE11 support.
- RTL form language right-aligns map layer options.
- Single-page form in pages mode throws exception and has no submit button.
- Very first time a form is stored in the browser, the query parameter to pass to submissions is not stored.
- When offline, and an attempt is made load a form with an uncached querystring, redirect to querystring-less URL.
- Submissions broken when basePath is used.
[1.25.1] - 2016-03-14
- Redirect to new API v2 documentation from /api/v2.
- Updated French, Dutch, and Persian translations.
- Languages not loading sometimes.
- Submit button not re-enabled after validation error.
- Performance degradation after changing a value in the form and upon submitting.
- Older browsers give "Array.from" error, when loading offline-capable webform.
[1.25.0] - 2016-03-09
- Enketo can now be configured with a base path, allowing Enketo to run with other servers on the same (sub)domain.
- Offline-capable iframe-friendly webform views and API endpoints.
- Subtle 'required' message cannot be translated.
- Google maps tile layers not using https.
[1.24.1] - 2016-03-04
- More modest font size for bold text, especially in Grid theme.
- Form UI elements also translatable.
- Updated Persian translation.
- Options in select minimal are underlined.
- Group labels in RTL languages are left-aligned.
- When offline-capable webform is added to iOS homescreen it doesn't work.
- Submit button "busy" state is reset too early.
- Add-to-homescreen guidance only shows translation key.
- Exceptions occuring with file inputs on iOS devices.
- Only last media file in repeated file input is submitted.
[1.24.0] - 2016-02-23
- Submission parameter now passed in offline-capable views too.
- Full-featured iframe-friendly offline-capable webform views.
- Webform URL format for iframe-friendly views (WARNING: Always use API to get webform URLs to avoid regressions for your app.)
- Different loader image, and now displayed in main brand color.
- Special client-side debugging mode. It is now always outputting log messages to the console.
- Submit and Save-as-draft fail in offline-capable views if no values were changed.
- Submit and Save-as-draft buttons have incorrect font.
[1.23.2] - 2016-02-10
- Form section headers are now left-aligned again.
- In pages mode, adding a repeat to the current page scrolls to top of page.
- Constraint is evaluated twice when form value is changed (performance).
- Deleted default values re-appear when a record is loaded.
- Form scrolls to first question upon load.
[1.23.1] - 2016-02-09
- Make form updates propagate much faster in offline-capable views.
- Min() and max() return undefined for empty values.
- Parallel batch uploads may cause lost data in ODK Aggregate.
[1.23.0] - 2016-02-01
- Support for dynamic required expressions.
- Support for jr:requiredMsg.
- Basic support for big-image form attributes on itext values.
- Vietnamese translation.
- Updated Spanish, Slovak and Dutch translations.
- Existing XForm content of secondary external instances not properly cleared if nodename is not 'root' or if multiple root-level nodes are present.
- Rogue XML namespace added in ODK Collect submission causes namespace incompatibility error when loaded for editing.
[1.22.1] - 2016-01-08
- Updated Dutch translation.
- Empty lines in external CSV data result in empty items.
- Media files in recovered auto-saved record get lost during saving as a regular record.
- Auto-saving did not work with records loaded from storage. Only enabled for new records now.
[1.22.0] - 2016-01-01
- Export functionality.
- Add-to-homescreen guidance for iOS/Safari, Android/Chrome and Android/Firefox.
- Links are underlined.
- Updated German, Dutch and Slovak translations.
- Under some conditions surveys/list and surveys/number return too many results.
- Multiple span elements on same line get rendered as one span.
- Media files not removed from browser storage after submission.
- Media files from camera app in iOS get overwritten because the same filename is provided by the iOS camera pp.
[1.21.2] - 2015-12-18
- Attempt to upload queue immediately after saving a final record.
- If users logs out, queue cannot be submitted, no login UI shown.
- OpenRosa authentication: a change in auth status for one user causes global appCache refresh.
[1.21.1] - 2015-12-07
- Show helpful "Use Safari on iOS" message when unsupported iOS browser is used.
- Updated Slovak, Dutch and Norwegian translations.
- Empty error dialog when form fails to load.
- Form footer margins incorrect.
- Media & data form resource retrieval does not work with "external authentication".
- Media missing from submission in offline-capable views.
- "Experimental" warning message
[1.21.0] - 2015-12-01
- InstanceID logging of successful submissions (optional feature, off by default).
- Submission counters not updated upon successful submission.
- Node 4 incompatibility.
[1.20.4] - 2015-11-25
- Updated Italian, Dutch and German translations.
- Redirect all IE users to /modern-browsers page.
- Clicking brand logo link with '#' value messes up offline views.
- Several issues where updating form media files did not properly update the form caches on server and client.
- File uploads in Chrome in offline-capable view fail to load after an hour (workaround for browser bug).
- If accompanying file for record cannot be retrieved, upload is blocked forever.
- NodeJS 0.12 incompatibility.
[1.20.3] - 2015-11-13
- If form resource retrieval fails, it won't be re-attempted upon next load
- Chevron icons in timepicker not shown.
- Current() does not switch context instance for relative paths in an XPath predicate.
[1.20.2] - 2015-11-02
- Make form updates propagate quicker in offline webform views.
- Themes with hyphen in name do not register.
- A label or hint that contains a <span> element without other markdown is not rendered as HTML.
- False 'Form has updated' messages appear continously every 20 minutes.
[1.20.1] - 2015-10-23
- External data loading failing.
- Encoded return URLs were not decoded.
[1.20.0] - 2015-10-22
- Ability to link to custom library to obtain account info.
- Previews now only allowed for forms hosted on linked server.
- API /surveys/list and /surveys/number return error when linked server is "".
- Styling of load error dialog sometimes messed up.
[1.19.3] - 2015-10-21
[1.19.2] - 2015-10-19
- Previews not working with form query parameter.
- Directionality of language not correctly determined if first hint (or label, if no hints in form) has value '-'.
[1.19.1] - 2015-10-15
- Language selector on small screens has right border.
- During loading the form footer is not positioned correctly, and loader image is not centered.
[1.19.0] - 2015-10-14
- Next-page validation in pages mode.
- Analog scale picker behaviour when value is empty.
- Question focus issues in pages mode.
[1.18.1] - 2015-10-07
- Vagrant build failing due to npm version.
- Markdown lists generated if first item was not preceded by newline character.
[1.18.0] - 2015-10-06
- Form footer styling.
- Location of required * now on left of question (in LTR language).
[1.17.0] - 2015-09-10
- More comprehensive markdown support and now activated in all labels and hints.
- If theme changed via API, offline view does not update.
- Edit view form injection fails with certain characters.
[1.16.0] - 2015-09-05
- Ability to disable themes in config.json.
- Support for pulldata function in XForms that contain a reference to the external data in the model.
- Form initialization issue in Android (enketo-core 4.0.2)
[1.15.0] - 2015-08-28
- Switched to CommonJS modules (**WARNING: forks with custom client scripts, tests need to be updated).
- HTML titles not populated
[1.14.4] - 2015-08-26
- Repeat buttons missing in Grid theme.
- Pulldowns get cut off when the extend beyond form border.
- Formfooter buttons in pages mode overlap form border.
[1.14.3] - 2015-08-13
- Reduce space between border and form on small screens.
- Loading a record with multiple repeats with missing nodes fails with error message.
- Select minimal widgets in Grid theme overlap other text in print view.
[1.14.2] - 2015-08-05
- Repeat background color in Grid theme.
- Background color of selected radiobutton/checkbox on touchscreen in non-Grid themes.
- Repeat button location in Grid theme.
- Radio buttons inside cloned repeat, require 2 clicks if the master was selected.
- Radio button and checkbox default values not populated correctly in cloned repeat. Overriding values in first repeat.
- Indexed-repeat() result incorrect if expression is inside 2+ repeat.
- Webform not responsive when used in full-size iframe.
[1.14.1] - 2015-07-30
- In pages mode, an exception occurs after submission showing empty page.
- In pulldown select radiobuttons/checkboxes not aligned properly.
[1.14.0] - 2015-07-29
- Appearance "compact-n" support for media grid pickers.
- Indexed-repeat() expressions not working if the position is dynamic.
- Page navigation buttons messed up on small screen in pages-mode.
- Top-level (non-grouped) questions on first row do not have a top border.
- Language options in form language selector oddly aligned when mix of rtl and ltr languages is used (FF).
- Title directionality is not displayed according to script used in Grid theme.
[1.13.0] - 2015-07-27
- Right-to-left form language directionality support.
- Made page-swipe less sensitive on touchscreens in pages-mode.
[1.12.2] - 2015-07-24
- Error message is not useful when formList is found to be empty.
- Form injection fails with certain arabic characters.
[1.12.1] - 2015-07-20
- Nested branches do not get evaluated when the parent is enabled.
[1.12.0] - 2015-07-08
- Right-to-left UI language directionality support.
- Vagrant setup script updated.
- Validation error dialog message not translated.
- Fallback (english) language not cached in offline views.
- Geo Widget map tiles only partially loaded if widget not visible upon initial form load.
- Non-functional export button removed until the functionality can be added.
[1.11.1] - 2015-06-29
- API endpoint /surveys/list does not include server_url property in each survey item.
- Formhub authentication regression. WARNING: Formhub users, see additional config.json setting to work around formhub bug.
- Media for protected forms cannot be retrieved (on strict compliant OpenRosa servers).
[1.11.0] - 2015-06-25
- Auto-save unsaved data in offline-capable webform views
- API endpoint /surveys/list
- A note preceding a traditional table is formatted as a group label.
- A note following a traditional table is formatted as a group label.
- Incorrect error message shown when loading a record with a file in the edit view.
[1.10.0] - 2015-06-18
- OpenRosa Form ID is now case-sensitive. WARNING: any existing forms that have a form ID that included a capitalized letter, will get a new Enketo ID. Existing Enketo IDs will keep working though.
- Groups and repeats missing from print view in pages mode.
- Sidebar handle is shown up in print view.
- Back button in pages shows merged pages after form reset.
- Incorrectly capitalized form IDs result in unlaunchable forms.
- First page in pages mode is shown if it is disabled.
- Existing trigger value not populated in form.
[1.9.1] - 2015-06-16
- Improved performance in logic evaluation.
- Firefox only prints first page.
- Failing to load record.
- Records with nested repeats loaded incorrectly and completely corrupting model.
[1.9.0] - 2015-05-28
- Calculations on select_one inside a repeat clone throw an exception.
- Irrelevant questions inside a repeat clone are shown but should be hidden.
- Calculations inside repeat clones are not evaluated upon form load.
[1.8.9] - 2015-05-08
- Enable print script for themes based on Grid Theme that include "grid" in the theme name.
- Do not attempt to load table/radio/likert/media grid widgets when they are not required.
- Even faster validation for some forms.
- Better performance of large default repeat creation with jr:repeat-count.
- Screen view remaining at full screen width after printing form with Grid Theme.
- Print dialog buttons not visible with Grid Theme (Enketo Express).
- Sequential notes overlapping each other with Grid Theme.
- Exception occuring in some specific cases when loading an existing record.
- Click lag (especially on mobile) due to slow progress bar update.
[1.8.8] - 2015-04-23
- Branch update performance
- Calculate update performance
- Widget loading performance, WARNING: remove triggerwidget, add horizontal choices widget, see default-config
- Top border missing and margin too small when a visible note is preceded by a hidden note.
- Any branch containing a geoshape widget caused an exception to occur when it was made irrelevant.
- Appearance 'horizontal' no longer displays with evenly-spaced columns.
- Some buttons in Safari have border and background when they shouldn't have.
- Side bar in Safari is not stretching to bottom.
[1.8.7] - 2015-04-17
- Italian language
- Romanian language
- All forms with logic broken in Internet Explorer.
- When existing instance with multiple repeats is loaded, only the first repeat is created and populated.
- XML nodenames ending with hyphen or underscore failed to be found.
[1.8.6] - 2015-04-15
[1.8.5] - 2015-04-15
- Arabic language (left-to-right still).
- Text and number inputs in Grid Theme now displayed in full cell width.
- Updated Greek, German, and Dutch language.
- Geowidget not displayed displayed in full width in pages mode with Grid Theme.
- Hide/show input fields button in Geo Widgets in Grid Theme not clickable after clicking show.
- Remove existing content form external instances to enable ODK Validate hack.
- Reliance on .csv extension for external data broke broke Aggregate support.
[1.8.4] - 2015-04-09
- Allow empty Google Analytics domain in configuration.
- Authentication not working on https (reverse proxy).
- API URLs not returning https (reverse proxy).
[1.8.3] - 2015-04-08
- German language
- Greek language
- Much faster form validation.
- Not showing 'save as draft' in pages mode.
[1.8.2] - 2015-03-23
- Show supported languages on front page.
- Media files not submitted in offline-enabled views.
[1.8.1] - 2015-03-17
- Installation with Vagrant failed.
- Local Redis configuration was ignored.
[1.8.0] - 2015-03-09
- Support for external instance sources, CSV and XML
- Spanish language
[1.7.1] - 2015-02-27
- Configuration now done with local config.json that overrides default (rename existing config/config.json before updating!).
- Dutch translation
- Authentication documentation
- Installation with Vagrant.
- In media input widget, when media is too large, record is still populated with file name.
- Broken form retrieval with formhub servers.
- Error message 'ECONNREFUSED' not correctly changed to human-readable message.
[1.7.0] - 2015-02-19
- Meta data for username
- Meta data for deviceid
- OpenRosa authentication
- Change log
- Form cache on server would not update if XForm content (only) changed
[1.6.1] - 2015-02-19
- Panic button to clear browser database
- Redirect IE9 and less to Modern Browsers page
- Manifest taking over all error pages and redirecting to 'offline' page.
[1.6.0] - 2015-02-12
- Full offline capability
- Grid Theme
- Temporary API v2 documentation
- API access of parameters using a modern method.
- Grid theme in pages mode shows all questions at full width.
- File inputs keep shows file name after input is emptied.
[1.5.1] - 2014-12-31
- Repeat groups not working when they have no <group> wrapper.
- Multiple markdown links in a note are merged into one.
[1.5.0] - 2014-12-30
- Internationalization of user interface
- Dutch language
- Populate page title with name of form
- False 'edited' event firing.
- Multipe markdown links in a note are merged into one.
- Select minimal in first repeat not working right.
[1.4.0] - 2014-12-18
- Support for multipe themes.
- Theme switching via API (v2)
- Styling of 'Pages mode' buttons
- Stretch short forms and short pages to full height of screen.
- KoBo/Formhub themes occassionaly print in screen style when print button is used.
- Incorrect dialog positioning.
[1.3.1] - 2014-12-16
- App breaks when form is loaded with a default value for geopoint/geotrace/geoshape.
[1.3.0] - 2014-12-12
- Ability to paste KML coordinates in geoshape widgets.
- Ability to add Google Maps layers for geo widgets.
[1.2.1] - 2014-12-05
- Ability to print from iframe views.
- Send X-OpenRosa-Version header to comply with OpenRosa specs.
[1.2.0] - 2014-11-11
- External authentication support.
[1.1.1] - 2014-11-08
- Instance API endpoint does not add return URL to response.
[1.1.0] - 2014-11-08
- Ability for iframed view to post message to parent window.
- Hide print button in iframe views
- Crash in Internet Explorer 10 (due to use of console.time).
- Various iframe issues.
- Issue with reporting edit status of current form.
[1.0.3] - 2014-11-07
- Various issues with modal dialogs
[1.0.2] - 2014-11-06
- Time, date and datetimepickers are reset when user clicks Enter elsewhere in form